Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Serial Killer Next Door

After "Roger & Me," but before he became (depending on your point of view) an either much-beloved or much-reviled icon of the American left, Michael Moore had a television show called "TV Nation."

You may recall one of its more famous stunts, sending a mob of Colonial-era clad women over to Kenneth Starr's house (the Clinton impeachment prosecutor) to underscore Moore's belief that he was engaging in a witch hunt.

Anyway, after seeing the below on television when it first aired and telling all my friends about it, if you've never seen it before, I give you one of the funniest things I ever saw: The Serial Killer Next Door.

7 comments:

Barry Napier said...

oh Mikey Moore...lol, this was pretty funny.

Brendan P. Myers said...

Thanks, Barry. Years went by between me seeing it on TV and finding it on YouTube, but I was happy to know it was as funny as I remembered it.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this. I have to say that I teared up a little bit as I was laughing ("What does a maniac have to do to tip people off?!"), but then my sense of humor is admittedly skewed.

This was fantastic.

-Mercedes

Brendan P. Myers said...

Thanks, Mercedes. Gotta love the "Leave it to Beaver" music playing as well.

Glad to know I ain't the only one with a . . . skewed sense of humor.

Aaron Polson said...

I enjoyed Moore back in the day. Oh...those serial killers...sounds like you're pretty safe if you live next door.

Cate Gardner said...

Fantastic... Love the dog.

Brendan P. Myers said...

Heh. Thanks Aaron and Cate.

"We dug our first hole in the lawn that night . . . by flashlight."