Friday, November 20, 2009

My Favorite Blurb

I read it years ago and for some reason it stuck with me, no doubt because it was about one of my favorite books from one of my favorite authors. Recently, I tried to hunt it down, entering a few keywords that I remembered into Google, to no avail.

So the other day, I found myself dropping off a bunch of books into one of those book donation kiosks and stumbled upon it, on the inside flap of the Grosset & Dunlap edition of "The Postman Always Rings Twice":

"Mr Cain has written the most engrossingly unlaydownable book that I have any memory of . . . it is so continuously exciting that if you can put it down before you've finished it, you are not the reader I think you are, and you and I have nothing in common." - Franklin P. Adams

I think he liked it.

And what he said.

No comments: