Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Guest Blogging

Got that guest blog I was talking about up on Patricia's Vampire Notes. Here's a tease:
I remember years ago, reading a quote by Stephen King, in which he said what he did was something akin to being a paleontologist, finding that first small bit of bone sticking up out of the ground, then lovingly and painstakingly brushing away all that dust and dirt until the entire skeleton – in his case, a completed story – had been unearthed.

I think what he meant by that is often, even he has no idea where a story is going until he sits down and writes it. Of all the stories I’ve written, “Applewood” comes closest to my experiencing what King was talking about.

In conjunction with the blog, I'll be giving away another book. Check it out by clicking here.

No comments: