Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Odds and Ends

Necrotic Tissue has completed their site update, and Malpractice: An Anthology of Bedside Terror is now available for order! Thanks very much to the staph at Necrotic for keeping us contributors updated regularly on where they are in the process. Just another example of how these folks go the extra mile. So break out that credit card and pick up your copy of this unique first edition today! You'll be glad you did.

It occurs to me I've said very little about my own contribution to the anthology, a story titled Ohrwurm. Let's just say it concerns a detective investigating a suicide who comes away with perhaps more than he bargained for.

In other news:

Got a nice e-mail yesterday from an anthology which for now shall remain nameless. They said they liked my story very much and have added it to the shortlist. I should find out in late February or early March if it makes the final cut.

I mentioned in my last post playing around with something for an upcoming Poe anthology from Horror Bound Magazine. Not at all sure I pulled it off, but I finished it up and sent it along today. Whether or not it makes the final cut, I had lots of fun writing it.

On the subject of Poe, I found the following quotes amusing:

[His tales] are masterpieces of style. - George Bernard Shaw

To me his prose is unreadable. - Mark Twain

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Don't know what's next for me writing-wise. Perhaps I'll return to one of my dozen or so abandoned stories and feel inspired to continue on with one. I've got another idea or two rattling around in my brain as well. Whatever happens, I'll keep you posted!

No comments: