Sunday, April 14, 2013

Want a free book?

I think most who attempt it would agree that writing and publishing independently is quite often nothing less than moving from one humiliating kick in the crotch to another.

Today's kick in the crotch is (just for fun!) downloading the "sample" for my latest book (21C and Other Sordid Tales) from iTunes just to kind of, you know, see what it looked like. Know what it looks like? It looks like the entire book.

Seriously. The current "sample" being offered is indeed the entire book. No strings attached!

At any rate, I've contacted Smashwords, whom I use to distribute there, to see what can be done about it. I suspect it will be resolved in the next day or two. I've also downloaded a few of my others to see if they too are simply being given away. Fortunately, not.

But then . . . I had an idea. I'm going to turn LEMONS into LEMONADE!

Therefore, I sincerely invite you to download the sample of 21C and Other Sordid Tales from iTunes and enjoy it in its entirety. I'd ask only that whether you like it or not, you leave a rating or (more importantly) a few words about what you did or didn't like about it.

A word of caution though: It is probably the raunchiest thing I've yet written and isn't really representative of my other stuff. On the other hand, my other stuff isn't setting the world on fire either. So maybe raunchy is the way to go!

And so, with my most sincere blessing (and yes, again, request that you leave some feedback) please enjoy 21C and Other Sordid Tales.

While you can.

No comments: