Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

With Smashwords turning into a ghost town lately (no doubt due to Amazon's new Kindle Select program) I am migrating a few legacy stories from there over to Amazon. It began with "The Intersection" a few weeks ago, and thanks to everyone who downloaded it. Special thanks to whoever gave it the Facebook "like."

No, it does not take much to make me happy!

That said, I've moved over my zombie short Fortunato's Ghost and am making it available free, for three days, beginning tomorrow through Saturday. Not necessarily the sort of blood 'n guts story perhaps most zombie aficionados prefer, but I like it. So there.

Can't say I'm not disappointed that offering free stories doesn't seem to result in more sales or reviews. For example, there were more than ten-thousand downloads of "Hope Town" when that was free, however I saw no increase in sales of other books and no additional reviews. More than two-hundred downloads of "The Intersection" resulted in the single Facebook "like."

On the other hand, I do take some comfort that they're (apparently) not bad enough to bring disgruntled readers to Amazon bearing pitchforks and torches and trashing them! The very last thing I want to do is waste a reader's time.

As always, thanks for your indulgence! Enjoy "Fortunato's Ghost."

And if you did enjoy Fortunato's Ghost . . . see below:

No comments: